Sunday, September 8, 2013

Process and Product

Usually when writing an essay, I begin by creating an outline. I try to list out at many points as I can. I write down anything I can think of about the topic I am fixing to write about. I will highlight my strong points. My weaker points is where I like to begin writing, followed by my stronger points. In Writing Analytically, it suggests writing the paragraphs out of order. I find this to help me a lot because if I get stuck on a paragraph, I will move on and come back when I can remember more facts to write down about it. I usually have many drafts. I also like to hand-write my drafts at times so I can move around sentences and visually see it. I usually work better under pressure so I feel like if I had not had to turn in the mandatory drafts I would start a couple days before the assignment was due. I'm glad we had these drafts to turn in so I had more time to think about what I was writing, and I was able to fix it. The group workshops helped me a lot also. They helped me point out a couple points I was overlooking because I wrote the paper. They helped me realize how some of the sentences didn't make sense because the readers of the essay had not actually seen my commercial yet, so therefore they did not know exactly what I was talking about. Drafts play a huge role when writing an essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment